Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Class trip to Salzburg, Innsbruck, and Munich

When we went to Salzburg, Innsbruck, and Munich I had a lot of fun and enjoyed seeing other cities and meeting new and interesting people in hostels. I think that staying in hostels is an excellent thing to do when you are in college because you meet a lot of people your age and can learn new and interesting things from them. I also loved our trip to the Salt Mines in Salzburg. It was a lot of fun and unlike any other tour I have ever been on. The Sound of Music tour was also a lot of fun and I would strongly suggest it for anyone who is an avid fan of the movie. If you just like the film or if you didn’t care for it then it might not be the tour for you but we got to see some really neat things on the tour and learned some of the real history of the family. I loved Salzburg and it was a beautiful city. Innsbruck had a great view of the Alps and is perfect for people who love winter sports. I wasn’t a big fan of the city but others really enjoyed it. Some of us went to Munich a day early and walked around town by ourselves. I felt like I really saw a lot that day and got to experience some of Munich. In Munich we went to the Bavarian Film Studio and took a tour. There we made a very short movie which was fun and learned a lot about how they construct sets for movies. We also went to the concentration camp in Dachau. This was something we all wanted to see but I was disappointed that we didn’t have that much time there. I would have preferred to have more time so I could have really experienced it but I felt like my time there was rushed. That was the biggest disappointment of the trip but I am still glad that we went. Overall I really liked are week away but by the end of the trip I was ready to go back to Vienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment