Monday, May 4, 2009

Reflections


Ladies ready for the Opera!

The semester in Vienna was amazing. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I've traveled so much and learned so much about myself and the people who I am living with. As the semester went on I learned to love Vienna more and more. Everything from the language to the rooms and cafeteria. With only 8 days until my return to the United States I am going to miss Vienna and all of Europe so much.

This opportunity has giving me the ability to travel to so many places. I've been to Rome, Prague, Paris, Athens, Salzburg, Munich, Innsbruck, and even an all day layover in Serbia. Having been able to travel to all these places has made me become a more confident traveler. I can't reflect on one trip because each one had its own ups and downs and exciting new things to do. Some trips were down on a personal level and others on a class level. Though each were different they were all amazing.

I think that coming here has shown me that I can do things that I never thought I could do। It also taught me to not take things for granted। When I first arrived I only thought wow 3 months is a long time to be here, but its really not. It flies by and I feel I made the best of every opportunity given to me. Getting over the fear of getting lost and just exploring was something that I enjoyed doing.

Something that I thought would never happen was when traveling in other non German speaking countries I started to miss German and Vienna a lot. Now that I will be returning home in a week I wonder if I'll still miss the German language and Vienna.

If someone asked me today would I recommend this for them I would say yes. No matter who you are or what is going on going abroad was the best decision I have ever made. Yes it gets stressful and things can get a little crazy but I wouldn't trade any of it. I had the time of my life here and I hope one day that I can return. I can't seem to say it enough one of the BEST decisions I have ever made was going abroad to Vienna!

No comments:

Post a Comment