Monday, May 4, 2009

Final Thoughts


Before I came to Vienna I had this idea in my head of what a semester in Europe was going to be like. I thought that I would spend a lot of time traveling and that it would be this magical experience where I learn more about myself and the world. I feel like I did travel as much as I could and learned quite a bit about Austria and a little about the rest of the world. We went on three class trips to other places that were fun. I liked places that I had not ever thought about going more then I would have expected. When we went to Paris, I was really excited to go to Paris for the first time ever. I am glad that I went and glad that I saw it. I went to Rome with two other people in class and it was an amazing experience, we walked most of the city and went to every site that was recommended to see. It was a ton of fun and really enjoyable.


I some good experiences and saw some amazing cities and basically saw part of seven countries in three months, which is an experience most people can’t claim to have. I went to the Opera, saw the Coliseum, climbed the first level of the Eiffel Tower, stood inside the Sistine Chapel, went to an old Monastery in Spain, took a tour of the Salt Mines in Salzburg, saw a few castles, visited a concentration camp in Dachau, took a bus tour through Copenhagen, and saw a show that was a bit like a ballet but not quite in a country that used to be Communist. I did a lot more then that but those are some of the highlights and when all is said and done I feel like I did and saw a lot.


This trip and experience is something I would not take back if I had the chance. I don’t know if I will ever get the chance to live in Europe for three months again but I know now that I do really enjoy being in Europe and I want to come back someday. On most of the trips we took I thought I’m going to come back here some day when I have more money. There are things I would like to go back and see and new places and activities that I would like to experience and this trip helped me learn what it is that I do want to see in Europe and what it is that I probably will not want to do again. I had a lot of good times in Europe and intend to come back but right now I am ready to go home and see my friends and family, and enjoy my upcoming senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment