Monday, May 4, 2009

Reflections on my semester in Vienna


While I was in Vienna, I learned how to live on my own in a city. I'm from a small town in Massachusetts and living in a large city in a foreign country taught me how to take care of myself and others around me. Learning how to travel was a great experience, especially in Europe. I found it quite easy to travel by train or plane. I'm used to driving every where in the States, but being on my own, finding the airport and getting there on time taught me how to managed my time wisely. I was studying here, so I had homework. I started out procrastinating, waiting until the last minute to do my work, but I realized that this was dumb. While I was in doing work, my friends were out enjoying the weather and the sites.

I enjoyed traveling. I know what it takes to plan long trips and I know how to pack light and be prepared. (zip ties came in handy). I very much enjoyed traveling to all the places I went to because I know this is a once in a lifetime experience. Even when I felt under the weather, or I didn't feel like going out, I mustered up the energy to get up and get out and 99% of the time it was the right call. I enjoyed Europe and all the culture it had to offer. I understand the world a little bit better now from being abroad for a semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment